Stream Netflix from PC to Philips HDTV

VegemoitIsNoice

Honorable
May 25, 2013
Hi, I'm trying to stream Netflix to my Philips TV (not a smart tv) and I was just wondering if any of you could help me. I dont have an Apple TV or anything like that, and the PC is on the upper floor whilst the TV is on the lower one. The details may be a little vague, but it's all I know.
Thanks in advance.
Oh, and I have some Powerline adapters available if that helps, and Cat5e cables.

well...

you could run hdmi signal over cat5e. the computer would then be able to directly display on the screen.

you would however need to be able to control the pc. perhaps buying a wireless mouse and keyboard then having the receiver by your television (it would need to be the kind with its own large transmitter base (sometimes they have a mouse recharge station) and not the kind which plugs into the usb slot) and then run the wire up to the computer.

honestly the easiest option is to just buy a roku device. i've seen them as cheap as $50 and they stream netflix. the problem is that i believe they only use the quick side scrolling selection areas and not the main genre lists.