Low cost graphics card form multimonitor setup

Henna12

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
I have haswell based system with 15.6 inches monitor and 350W PSU.
I wish to add two more similar monitors.
Motherboard has VGA, DVI and HDMI port. Can anyone suggest me low cost graphics card that can support three monitors.

is it possible to connect one monitor to motherboard connector while rest two to the graphics card

I am not a gamer, need this set mainly to run virtual machines.

Solution
You want cheap and you want GDDR5 too? Unlikely. And for your application, you probably don't NEED the GDDR5 anyways. Best bet is to run onboard plus any cheap 2-output card. NCIX had a GTS450 for $45 or so around Christmas. Or a GT610 can be had for $40 or so.

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
yes, you can run onboard plus a graphics card. just buy whatever graphics card you like, go into BIOS to make integrated graphics primary, and connect stuff. probably 2 can connect to your motherboard, and 2-3 to a graphics card. 99% of current graphics cards will run 2 monitors just fine.

if you're afraid of BIOS changes and just want one card, buy an Asus GT640-2GD3 which can run 4 monitors, costs $100.

Henna12

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014

GT640 seems bit costly for my subject. Any other graphics card you can suggest that can work with 300w psu. I wish to have ddr5 ram

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
You want cheap and you want GDDR5 too? Unlikely. And for your application, you probably don't NEED the GDDR5 anyways. Best bet is to run onboard plus any cheap 2-output card. NCIX had a GTS450 for $45 or so around Christmas. Or a GT610 can be had for $40 or so.

Solution