New PC Builder (Need Advice)

STStark

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Hi, I'm new to building PCs (First Timer) and I need help.I need someone to come up with a build for my usage.

Approximate Purchase Date: 2-3 Weeks

Budget Range: 300-500

System Usage from Most to Least Important:Web browsing,Adobe Photoshop, and Multitasking

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts Preferences: None

Overclocking:No

Do you need to buy OS: No

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: The computer that I am currently using is outdated so I just want to make a brand new pc build.

I need a CPU,Motherboard,Memory,Storage,(Maybe a Video Card if I really need it.)Case,Power Supply, and OS.

Have a look at this. AMD BUILD 2014 It's a little more than $500, but it has a lot to offer. Plus you can certainly shop around for better prices!

The Processor has decent built-in graphics, and since you aren't much of a gamer this should be fine for you. Plus, the power is there for running Photoshop or multiple programs at once. For instance, if you like listening to music while you work in Photoshop, this will allow you to do that without bogging down. The Processor is certainly powerful enough to handle more than one program at a time.

The motherboard I chose looks decent enough for you. I skipped over a few others due to some of the negative reviews on Newegg. You can certainly find cheaper motherboards if you want to save a little more money. Just be sure you choose a motherboard with Socket FM2+ (which is compatible with your Processor).

The RAM is probably more than enough for you since you're not a gamer, however, if you'll be working on large Photoshop files or multiple files at once, I recommend at least 8 gigs.

The SSD I chose for you will be large enough for you to install many programs. However, I do not know what all you will need to install. If you do not need to install many programs you can go down to th 120GB drive and be saving some money by doing so. I am assuming you'll be storing your Photoshop files on an external drive. At least I would recommend that you do so.

The Power Supply I chose is made by a quality manufacturer and is powerful enough to power your system. Also, it adds a little more headroom for you should you decide to get a low-end graphics card. Plus, it's not expensive.

The case I chose looks nice and isn't expensive. It really does look nice for an inexpensive case! Of course this is my opinion. :)

Look, it's hard to shop for other people, only you know what you really want and can afford. I just went with the information you provided and came up with a system that should should meet your needs. Hopefully the build I chose will at least get you in the right direction. If it's too expensive, just swap some of the components out for something less.

Good luck with everything and let us know how it goes.

Hope this helps!