New Gaming and Editing/Rendering Rig!

Priestige

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014
Hello people!

Just signed up to your awesome world!
Really unique what you 've managed to do here tbh!

So on the subject now! I am trying to set up my new rig... But... i've been away from pc world for couple of years since only using laptop cause of traveling a lot and now that i am back to steady ground thinking of a desktop!

Here is what i ve come up with for now ( budget is around 1400-1500 Euro max )
-CPU: Intel Core i7-4820K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor
-CPU Cooler: Cooler Master RR-T612-20PK-R1 82.9 CFM Rifle Bearing
-Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Gene Micro ATX LGA2011 ( having 2nd thoughts here )
-Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133
-Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
and 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
-Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 Devil Red ATX Mid Tower
-Power Supply: Corsair RM 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX
-Video Card: 1st issue: i am planning to use 2x BENQ XL2420TE and mainly i want to be able to run ultra graphics on games like skyrim, batman arkham city, tomb raider, cod and wow along with editing videos.

Is Zotac GeForce GTX770 2GB AMP! Edition a good GPU for my set up? Perhaps in future i ll be able to put a 2nd one.

Also, guys, do u think is a nice rig for my purposes of using it? Any suggestions to be better on this budget?

Thanks for yr time and thank you in advance!

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

Good system!

For editing/rendering I suggest 32 GBs of RAM. I have 32 GBs of RAM in my desktop now and 50% of that is allocated to Photshop, and I see a lag when using tools such as the 'Cloning' tool. Same with regens in CAD programs. My CPU is i7 3770K overclocked to 4.6 GHz.

Priestige

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2014

Thank you very much for welcome and immediate respond, appreciated!

point taken about cloning tool and photoshop! so i ll consider changing my memory to 32GB @ 2133 as u suggested!
I cant get on my hands so powerful cpu's since they aren't available at Greece so staying with i7-4820K is still good?
What u think of graphics card as well?

Thanks for your time.

TRENDING THREADS