ubuntu now part of my home network

Would you ever consider replacing windows with linux ?

• YES

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

brianthesnail

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
Hi guys
allthough ive installed many linux distro,s on laptops and spare pc,s ive never had a linux distro as part of my home network ... however our living room pc is now using the latest ubuntu and to be honest both me and my wife are quite happy with it
im not too bothered about games as my gaming pc is in the bedroom so all we use the living room pc for is web browsing,burning and office apps and ubuntu works well with these tasks
so how popular is linux these days .... and would more people use linux if it was advertised more ....
when i ask my family about why they dont use linux instead of windows they look at me with a confused expression and say "whats linux " .....and thats probally why its not used that much as most guys simply dont know what its about and how to install it
i must admit im no expert when it comes to linux and even today i needed to find a "video to dvd" program ,however five minutes later i had it installed and was happily using it
at the end of the day linux is free and with the credit crunch still hitting alot of us its a worthwhile alternative
cheers guys