Which motherboard and PSU should I get?????? IM STUCK!!

30gboost

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Hi everyone. I'm currently looking for a socket 1150 motherboard to pair up with a i5-4670k chip. I'm quite stuck on as to which one I should order. I want to shop Newegg (because I want to order everything from 1 spot at the same time incase I get a DOA or defective hardware).... Which brings me to my issue. I've been straining my eyes for weeks trying to decide on a motherboard to get. I have been looking at ATX models only because that's what I want. First I decided towards the AsRock z87 Fatal1ty Killer, but after further research I realized I should get a 12 phase vs the 8 this board provides. However, I liked the features for the price. I then moved on to the AsRock Z87 Extreme 6. Its full of features; ugly, but seems like a good board. This is at the top of my price point as I don't want to spend $200 on a motherboard. Seems silly for someone who primarily wants to play games, then internet browse. No rendering, photoshop, etc. Ive read HUNDREDS of reviews for these boards and other boards and am so sick of seeing the "horror stories" such as DOA, defective sound, bad dimm slots; you name it. If I order a board from Newegg is this going to happen to me? Half the reviews for like every motherboard I've looked at are all defective, RMA hassle, being stuck with a defective board, DOA. Recommend me a quality board in the LESS than $150 range. I would like to see UEFI BIOS, overclocking ability as I may dabble with it (new to this), and really anything else is a bonus as I don't know the difference.

If it helps, I want: Intel i5-4670k, "Insert motherboard title here", G.Skillz 8gb ram, "any optical drive", WD 1TB HDD, GeForce GTX 770 or 760 (money makes a big difference).

30gboost

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

Just a thought.. The Gigabyte board on Newegg seams to have terrible reviews, and sadly that is what I have to use as information, besides reviews from Tom's, OCs, etc. The MSI you recommended is $175 bucks.