Computer Restarting During Select Games

sspankii

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Around a month ago, I had upgraded my FX-4100 to a FX-8350 and was having problems dealing with computer crashes.

"Around a week ago I replaced my AMD FX-4100 with my current FX-8350. Everything was installed correctly, and everything seemingly worked well playing DayZ, Smite, and World of Warcraft. After a couple days I booted up ARMA 3 to see how it would run with the CPU, I used auto detect, setting everything to ultra. Around 10 seconds later, my computer crashed, went straight to a black screen on each monitor, and played a consistent noise (the sound of whatever happened last in the game), my computer would then restart. I figured this was just an odd occurrence so I attempted ARMA 3 again which yielded the same results. I figured this was the case just because of ARMA being taxing on the system. I went back to playing DayZ with no problems at all. The next day the computer crashed multiple times playing CS:GO, and now crashes playing Insurgency within a minute of playing. (The computer does not go to the BSOD, but sometimes gives my monitors random colors after crashing prior to restarting.) After this I put my old FX-4100 in and ran Insurgency, which had no problems within the 3 hours of playing. I tried resetting CMOS, rolling back video drivers, re installing CPU drivers, and just re installed Windows and it has still continued to crash with these games. Is this an hardware error with the CPU, or am I missing anything. Sorry for the long explanation, any help is appreciated. Thank you!" (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1994387/games-crashing-cpu-upgrade.html#12518777)

I had took the recommendations by a couple people on here and replaced my motherboard to better support my new FX-8350. I had purchased the Sabertooth 990fx R2.0 and reinstalled Windows. Much like before, during the same games such as CS:GO and Insurgency the computer will crash, only now it will not be a crash with a sudden noise and a colored screen, it seems to just gently restart the computer. Do you guys think this could be a PSU issue? I am currently only running the rig on 500 watt power supply. The only other thing I haven't placed is the RAM, should I run a memtest? As of right now I am running:

-AMD FX-8350
-HyperX 3K 240GB SSD
-Sabertooth 990x R2.0
-Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti (EVGA)

Thanks for any help you guys can give.

1. make sure bios is updated to 1006 or you will suffer stability issues.
2.depends on psu 500w is very low for a gaming rig i would be at least using a 600w 80 plus
running a memory test wouldnt hurt.

sspankii

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014

On the Asus website BIOS 2104 is the most recent BIOS, what is the reason for using BIOS 1006? I ran memtest overnight and had 0 errors so the RAM is fine. A buddy of mine is sending me a 600w PSU so we shall see if that fixes it.