Asus' New Eee Box Runs Silently Thanks to Being Fanless

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Fanless does not equal silent 100% of the time. Every MFM hard drive that's ever existed will attest to that :)I'm not sure I like all these little systems, though, at least not for €399... I just can't help but feel like I'm being sold a non-portable equivalent of the bottom half of a cheap laptop. I suppose maybe you could use it for an HTPC, but wouldn't a decent ITX be a lot better suited than this thing? I just don't understand the market segment other than being a neat little computer. Maybe that's just me.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Fanless does not equal silent 100% of the time. Every MFM hard drive that's ever existed will attest to that :)
True, but it also said through select channels it can come with up to 128GB SSD. Flash storage is dead silent and it's not like SSD's and other flash devices are past the point of admission any longer for consumers like in the past.From a consumer standpoint I wouldn't even buy a traditional moving parts hard drive which are slower, less reliable, noisier, produce more heat, and consumes more power.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

128 GB is enough for all my data storage needs!... said no one ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.