EVGA and ASRock Return Policies?

Naga Sadow

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
First of all, thanks for reading my post. I recently went through Newegg and bought an EVGA GTX 660 2GB & an ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 because they were on sale with a rebate. The problem is, I don't quite have money for the rest of my parts, and I need to know if they are working.

The big question is how are their return policies on items with a rebate? I bought the items on the 21st of January, so I have until February 21st to get the rebates in the mail.

I might be able to get all of the parts before then and be able to test the parts, (the NZXT H440 MIGHT arrive in time...or I could borrow a friends case) but I would feel a lot better knowing that I have a safety net. I also bought RAM and case fans, but since I went through PayPal I'm covered pretty well if they are duds.

Solution
With a RMA though all you would get is a replacement part you wouldn't get a refund for the item. You can only get a refund through newegg in this case.

Get in contact with newegg. They have a pretty solid chat team that helps people.

Naga Sadow

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

I was just asking because I saw the Newegg policy saying that they don't accept returns if the labels are missing. (the labels are required for rebate purposes)

Well... 1.) If you can't afford to build the rest of your machine because of the parts you have then you may need to return them. 2.) If you don't have something to test it on then you will still need to return them. So.... yea as soon as you send in the rebate you can't return it.

Naga Sadow

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

I'll have my money around the 12th, so I'll probably have time to build and test. This is just as a precaution.

Naga Sadow

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I just got off the phone with Newegg, and they do not accept returns without all of the original packaging. I would have to go through the manufacturer for an RMA, which furthers my need for information on the subject.

Well and see this is where I think you need to make a decision are you going to commit to finishing the build or will it be a while if its going to be a while I would send the stuff back and collect a refund so you can build it when you are able.

Naga Sadow

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
An RMA would be fine. I just want to be safe in case I do get a defective part. With that being said, should I go ahead and get an extended warranty?

I'll certainly finish the build, it's just a matter of finishing it by the 21st.

I have never RMA'd anything to ASRock but I know that with EVGA their warranties are pretty sound and they don't take long to have the item return fixed.

Naga Sadow

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
That's what I was looking for. In the Newegg reviews a couple people gave them a bad rating because they got a dead part, and ASRock replied about a RMA. I was just curious if both companies were solid in their programs because I never saw anyone update their rating or comment on the service