ASUS GTX 770 2gb Dual Monitor and Capture Card Question

Sylv123

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Hey guys, have been checking out all sorts of questions over the years and now have one of my own.

I have been trying to do live game streaming for a while and have never been able to successfully play games on my 560ti while running a streaming software (XSplit or OBS).

I am planning to buy a 770 2gb soon (Most likely ASUS) and have another computer on hand that I could use as a streaming station. (Upgrading for the increased performance, not specifically for streaming)

I currently have two monitors, both @ 1920x1080 extended (3840x1080).

My question is about the capture card. I only use one monitor for gaming, the 2nd is more auxiliary. It is my understanding that the 770 can 'run 3 monitors' fully extended. I have never worked with 3 monitors or a capture card.
Will the capture card only view one monitor at its resolution? or will it see both. More importantly, will I be able to run both monitors on extended while having the capture card 'monitor' be 'duplicated' display.

The most important/bottom of the line requirement I have is that I can keep the extension between the monitors while the capture card at least capturing the main one for the gaming.

I was looking at the BlackMagic Intensity Pro Capture card. Are there any other cards you guys/girls might suggest?

Thanks

CraigN

Distinguished
With the GTX 770 you can use Nvidia Shadowplay, no extra capture card needed. It has built in streaming to twitch.tv for most games. It usually just captures only whichever screen you are playing on.

That being said, what are your issues you are facing on your current graphics card when you try to stream? Just low performance or issues with the feed actually showing up?