Asus Chromebox to Support 4K Ultra HD on a Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
This thing really seems like it'll be the best bang-for-your-buck Steam Streaming box. Gigabit Ethernet, a few USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, and the WiFi card and SSD included sounds like a phenomenal deal for the hardware at that price. We'll start to see what the real minimum requirements for Steam Streaming are once it comes out of Beta but if the Core i3 or even Celeron models are fast enough then this will be an amazingly small and capable machine for the price.

Sep 22, 2013
I think this is a bit misleading. There's no way this will support 4K gaming. Video, sure, but it's implied both by your article title and by Intel's description that it will support "play" at 4K.

XGrabMyY

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Dang, the pricing on this thing is killer. Is the boot loader locked? Because I can't imagine ChromeOS has any serious media playback abilities. I'd like to load XMBC or Windows Media Center on this bad boy to make it serve a real purpose other than being a silly Google toy.

Sep 22, 2013

Considering you can install Android apps, you shouldn't have any trouble playing media.

Status
Not open for further replies.