Three days no reply from mod/expert-how to proceed?

ATP_1

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
A mod (& expert) has been assisting me with a problem but has not answered me for 3 days now. It appears that he has posted to other forums during these days.

He has been very helpful, but now I am left 'dangling'. What does this usually mean?

Is it ok to send a PM asking him/her to note that I have replied? Is it ok to do this after 3 days, or 5 days?

Or does it mean that he/she has he run out of answers?

D

Deleted member 217926

Some of us long time users ( not only mods ) post so much and try to help so many people we can lose track of threads. We as mods also receive quite a few PMs and keeping track of them can be tedious at best. I'm sure whomever it was just lost track of your thread. Glancing through your post history I don't see the thread in question. If you provide a link I would be glad to see if I can be of any help.

Edit: Ah I thought you had sent a PM to the person in question. It's certainly worth a shot to try that. I would not have been as patient as you and would have tried that already!

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Also note - if you have a technical support question or an issue with the forums, both are far better handled publicly in the confines of their particular category here on the forum. That way, if your question is unable to be answered by one user, another user may be able to offer a different set of eyes for the problem.

-JP

TRENDING THREADS