Monitor(s) 1080p PC and Console Gaming

testudoAubreii

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Hello everyone,

So, I made a decision and I think that I found the monitor that I want...that is, I think that I found the best one for the money I want to spend. I am going to buy two. Here are my questions/concerns:

(1)Although I am going set up dual monitors (on a single Gigabyte 780 Ghz Edition), I will only be playing games on one monitor. Will have two connected at the same time have performance issues, even though I am only playing on one?

(2)Is this a good monitor choice for PC, PS3 and PS4?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058UUR6E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=324W0YM90BUWZ&coliid=I38U41ETVOHZ4C

I am sure that I am missing some things that I want to go over, but I think that will do for now.

Thanks in advance for all help, advice and suggestions.

Testudo

Solution
I'd say go for the BenQ one because its basically the same price. It has a 1ms better response time and a better contrast ratio. Not to mention, BenQ monitors specialize in gaming. Either way you can't go wrong!

BigBAWZ

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
You can easily connect two monitors while just gaming on one. People do it all the time. I personally use dual monitors with my GTX 770 and see no performance issues. You should be fine. About the monitor, im not sure how much you are willing to spend but with a GTX 780 it would be worth it to look into maybe picking up a 1200p or 1440p monitor instead of a 1080p. You'll technically see "lower" FPS in games, but they'll look better on lower settings because of the amount of pixels per inch. Just a suggestion. But if your looking to stick to 1080p that is a great monitor.

testudoAubreii

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Thanks for the fast response! Yeah, I think that I have to stick with the 1080p for a while. I wouldn't mind jumping up in resolution, but trying to explain and get that bill passed through the Department of Appropriations (aka my wife) is not going to happen right now...especially since I just bought that 780. I do need two monitors for work, so I have the go ahead on the two. That is about my price limit, though.

So, PS3 and PS4 will play fine on these monitors, as well as PC games? I just ran into issues with a PC monitor and the PS3 before. It looked like a PS2 game, just a lot of jaggies and stuff.

BigBAWZ

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Buy her some flowers, and she'll be fine. As long as your monitor has the connections for them, they should be fine. I don't see why you were getting jaggies on your other monitor but it sounds like a PS3 situation. Those monitors are good for everything from web browsing, editing, and gaming.

BigBAWZ

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
I'd say go for the BenQ one because its basically the same price. It has a 1ms better response time and a better contrast ratio. Not to mention, BenQ monitors specialize in gaming. Either way you can't go wrong!

Solution

BigBAWZ

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Well you can connect your monitors to your PC with DVI. Which leaves 2 HDMI's and 1 VGA open. You have 2 monitors. Which means you have 4 HDMI's and 2VGA's open. I don't see whats the problem here. Just to let you know, HDMI and DVI yield the same picture quality. The only difference between HDMI and DVI is that HDMI can carry sound and DVI cannot. So if you have external speakers, you should be fine.

testudoAubreii

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Oh, I don't have a problem with it. I was just pointing out that the extra inputs are a great feature for me. I will be using DVI cables for the PC, since I already have my PC speakers hooked up, and the two HDMI inputs on the second monitor will be for the PS3 and the PS4.

I went ahead and ordered the BenQ's. They will be here tomorrow, so I will post an update on the overall quality.

I really appreciate your help. It came down to the wire lol.

Testudo

BigBAWZ

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012

Once again, no problem! I am happy to help anyone. As i said before feel free to PM me if you need help with anything again. Congrats on your purchase by the way! Those are some nice monitors. Hope your happy!