Acer Aspire V3 772G-6468 - Good for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzano74

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
I have about a 2 year old laptop that has recently started overheating when I play anything that uses too much resources in the graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 7640G, AMD A8 1.9GHZ, 6GB RAM)

I want to upgrade and basically would like to know if this laptop I am considering is good for current games, any and all that are graphic intensive, as I am a big gamer, while playing at least at a medium to high setting. I don't care if I can't max or ultra.

Specs:

Acer Aspire V3 772G-6468 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314279
Intel Core i5 4200M (2.5GHz)
8GB Memory 750GB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 4GB
1920 x 1080
Windows 8 64-bit

Where I am confused is I am checked a couple of graphic card comparison sites and none give the option for a 4GB 750M, only a 2GB, but everywhere I have looked up this laptop says it is a 4GB card. The only 2 reviews I can find on this laptop say it's good and runs games and high to ultra, but again, that's only 2 reviews. Any help would be appreciated. I am really stuck on this particular laptop because it's within my payment per month price range at QVC and I can't afford to buy one outright right now.

Rizzano74

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014

As my original post says, "current games, any and all that are graphic intensive", and " I am really stuck on this particular laptop because it's within my payment per month price range at QVC and I can't afford to buy one outright right now."

But I don't know what that has to do with my ORIGINAL question. I am NOT asking for a comparison for other computers or laptops, and I am NOT asking for a comparison for other GPU's. Perhaps you should try reading the ENTIRE topic. I am asking if the laptop I linked is good enough to run CURRENT GEN GAMES - which means games like Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Batman Arkham Origins, the upcoming Thief, etc, you see, current gen, not past gen, in medium to high settings at a good frame rate. The laptop I linked is on a special right now at QVC and the payment with taxes and shipping is 200 a month for 5 months. As I said in my original post, I cannot afford at this time to purchase one outright, so I have to make payments right now, and I have a good rep with QVC.

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.