Which deal is better?

Fuyukikaze

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
Note: Both systems are used

So basically, I have the choice between two systems. However both are used.

One is a desktop:
Intel i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz CPU
ASUS P8Z77-V LX Motherboard
MSI GeForce GTX 460 Video Card
16 GB Patriot Viper 1600 RAM
Antec H20 620 Water Cooler
Antec Modular 620 PSU
DVD Writer
Antec P182 Full Tower Case
BenQ HDMI 24" LCD Monitor
Windows 7 Professional 64x
500GB HD (with OS)
Additional 1TB HD

The case has some scratches and the Vid Card fan has been modified (but works).

The other option is a laptop:
CyberpowerPC Fangbook
i7 4700MQ
Nvidia gtx 765m
750GB 7200rpm
16 GB DDR3 1600

Desktop is $500 and comes with monitor (in case you missed it). The CPU, RAM, motherboard, and PSU are all a bit less than a year old, the GPU is about 2, dunno about other things.

Laptop is from July 2013 and is $850

I need this to last at least around 4 years, preferably more. Will be going to university this coming Fall. I want to be able to game as well as video edit (going into media production). I'll be travelling quite often (commuting to school, going to friends' houses)

I would be able to get a cheap laptop (up to $500) with the desktop, for work (like taking notes, etc)

Which would be the better deal for me? Any suggestions that would suit me better in a price range of up to around $1000? If telling me to build a PC, please specify all parts if possible. Thanks.

Edit: Will be using Premiere Pro CS6 / CC to video edit, will be playing games like Infinite Crisis, TERA, at 1080p. Will also want to be able to at least try out games like BF4 (never had a good enough computer to try out even somewhat intensive games)

Fuyukikaze

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
All right, thanks. Would a desktop + laptop just not be able to work out well?

Also, would the laptop be able to last through university?

Fuyukikaze

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
Ah ok thanks for your opinion :)

More opinions are always appreciated, since I don't have any experience with desktops