Windows 7 Home Premium Running Professional Optomized Software

nuteguy

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I downloaded Autodesk's 3ds Max Design 2014 for free on my laptop (it was free due to a student license that I have). It worked but I didn't like it so I did a complete uninstall, which included deleting the file folders and my %TEMP% folder. I then downloaded the 2013 version. At first I received an error which told me to install Update 6, which I did. When I tried to load up the program I still received an error. I asked the AutodeskHelp Twitter but they were useless. I did a complete uninstall, as I did with 2014, and then rebooted. I reinstalled everything and then tried again. It didn't work. So I did yet another complete uninstall. The next day, in school, I asked my teacher what he thought about it. He said that it might not be optimized for my operating system. I did some research and found that its designed to work with Professional version of Windows 7. I have the Home Premium edition (my exact specs will be posted below). The thing is that the 2014 version is also designed to work with the Professional edition of Windows 7 and that program worked. Any ideas as to what I can do to get the 2013 version to work? My only thought is that I need to disable Superantispyware to get it to work.

Specs:

Laptop: Sager NP9150
GPU: Nvidia GTX 675mx with 4gb of dedicated video ram
CPU: 3rd Gen Intel i7 3630QM
RAM: 16 gb
Primary Hard Drive: 512 gb Crucial M4 SSD
Secondary Hard Drive: 256 gb Crucial M4 SSD

Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Thanks in advance,

nuteguy

According to Autodesk, only the following Windows versions are compatible with 3ds Max Design 2013:

Use the following supported operating systems for the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the Autodesk 3ds Max
2013 / Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2013 Product Update 2:
 Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or higher) operating system
 Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional x64 (SP2 or higher) operating system
 Microsoft® Windows Vista® Business (SP2 or higher) operating system
 Microsoft® Windows Vista® Business x64 (SP2 or higher) operating system
 Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional operating system
 Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional x64 operating system

Source: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/3dsMax2013_PU02_Readme.pdf

(scroll down to Supported Operated Systems)

nuteguy

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Thanks for the response Phillip. The thing is that I am on product update 6. And regardless, shouldn't a Home Premium machine be able to run Professional software?

nuteguy

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I tried with my antivirus turned off but it still didn't work. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of installing and uninstalling.