I need advice for a ITX Mini gaming build

ogsuperman

Honorable
Feb 6, 2014
Alright here comes the fun! To make a story short, I already have a desktop and I don't want to keep hauling to my friends/family when doing gaming events. I do NOT like laptops, or they don't like me one of the two. I am very intrested in building a MINI ITX computer that will only be used for gaming and gaming only. I do not feel like I need another i5-4k/i7-4k ... FX8350/9590 chip. I built a friend a low budget gaming rig, with a Pentium g3220 haswell with a radeon hd5740 or something like that, (it was a card that I had from an older computer), and a 120gb samsung/kingston ssd.

NOW here is where you guys come in.
I am looking for a MINI ITX computer build, and I am sure there are alot of them out there, but I want to know if anyone has experienced with a duel-core build, ssd. I want to use a dedicated card, I have an extra gtx 660ti laying here.

Wasn't sure if you wanted only an SSD or what, but if you already have a HDD you can knock off $80 from the price and get a 120GB SSD.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($116.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus H81I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($76.79 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($154.95 @ Amazon)
Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Total: $549.68
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-06 17:56 EST-0500)

Rammy

Honorable
A budget and country would be helpful, as prices and availability do vary pretty dramatically by region.

I think the place to start is deciding what sort of scale of build you want. You said you are focusing towards portability, and the sort of things you are talking about can be squeezed into something incredibly small.
The length of your graphics card, and whether or not you need an optical drive will likely be significant factors in which cases appeal to you.

A popular cheap but decent case(s) is the Coolermaster Elite 120/130. Not terribly amazing at anything, but really well priced and pretty small. Also it fits more or less any standard component you could want (the exception is CPU coolers).