high refresh rate monitor needed for research

eretmochelys

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Hi,

I think I may have a strange question, I'm a researcher looking for a monitor which has as high a refresh rate as possible. It is also important that the monitor be as bright and large as possible, though resolution isn't of concern. (I work with SSVEP signals: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steady_state_visually_evoked_potential).

What are some reasonable options for somebody looking to maximize refresh rate (high priority) as well as contrast and size (medium priority) while minimizing cost (also a priority ... but its research money that buys this thing, I just need to justify its expense :) ).

It'd be helpful to get a refresh rate as high as 500 Hz, at which point it doesn't help me anymore. I know of 120 Hz and 144 Hz monitors, does anybody know of something possibly higher?

Thanks for any help!

eretmochelys

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

thanks for the help! ... though I don't think this will do the trick. I need to input at a high rate to the monitor, this seems to accept a 120 hz input and convert to 240 hz, for my purposes thats as good as a 120 hz monitor. thanks though!

TRENDING THREADS