Help with entry position IT job?

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Im really starting to get serious about looking for a job, i wont get into too much detail, but mostly because its just about time and my family is struggling financially right now, so i want to pay to keep our internet mostly, possibly a new cell phone plan, and just to save up for college (paying for school will be all solely on me). Anyways, i wanted to work something small, like in retail, but there are so little jobs and i cant find any positions available.

So might as well change perspective and get my feet wet in IT or anything with computers/networking. Im thinking of starting off as a Computer user support tech, Help Desk tech, or whatever theyre called now, something like this. Sounds pretty easy, and i believe i can do something like this even without colllege education yet. Thing is, im only a Senior in HS and all i see requires college. I dont have any certs yet, no licence, no work experience, etc. Im just a Senior with nothing at all that has to do with working.

I definitely plan on going to trade school for IT and Networking, but i cant wait 5 years to get my Bachelors degree, i need a job like withing two months. Please give me some feedback and guidance on even if doing this is possible and how i can go about starting.

Please and Thank you everyone.

neieus

Distinguished
Well if you are looking for an IT related job that doesn't necessarily require a degree and entry level then help desk is the place to start. You'll need to know basic troubleshooting for things like Microsoft office products as an example. It would also be a good idea to be familiar with active directory for reseting passwords for example.

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

I know, something like that (sounds) like it would be a piece of cake, i mean, i troubleshoot just about everything for my parents who know just about nothing about computers, and myself. I can troubleshoot almost anything from software to hardware problems. Not familiar with AD though... yet.

Would that job i linked be considered a Help Desk position?
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/sad/4296377913.html