Is this build good for gaming?

Solution
I'd say you're pretty spot on with that build. The only thing I was worried about was the R9 270 with BF4, but a quick Google turned up this:

Link

A lot of people are biased towards Intel (me included somewhat), but that system will do everything you have stated you want it to do. Intel costs more and for what you are wanting to do with this system, it really doesn't justify the cost difference. So don't let anyone convince you that you need to go Intel. That's not coming from an AMD fanboy either because I just built a I7 4770K system and I am quite happy with it.
I'd say you're pretty spot on with that build. The only thing I was worried about was the R9 270 with BF4, but a quick Google turned up this:

Link

A lot of people are biased towards Intel (me included somewhat), but that system will do everything you have stated you want it to do. Intel costs more and for what you are wanting to do with this system, it really doesn't justify the cost difference. So don't let anyone convince you that you need to go Intel. That's not coming from an AMD fanboy either because I just built a I7 4770K system and I am quite happy with it.

Solution

Tcoom16

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
Thank you