problem with Cas Latency?

shubhamcr7

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2014
What does cas latency cause diffrence like 11-11-11-27 CAS Latency of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB and 9-9-9-24-2N G.Skill Sniper DDR3 8 GB CAS Latency beacause there is a lot diffrence in price . low cas latency is better or high is better for gaming PC..... please help?

jnewegger23

Distinguished
Lower is faster. It's a clock timing for the memory and the lower the number the less time it takes to cycle through such timing and thus it's faster. So if both sets of RAM are DDR3 1600 and one has cas 9 and the other is cas 11 the cas 9 is faster but may cost significantly more as you are seeing. Hope this clears that up for you! Have fun!

Thanks,

Justin S.

shubhamcr7

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2014
one has cas 9 and the other is cas 11 the cas 9 is faster but may cost significantly more as you are seeing

the one i posted was gskills with less cas latency which price is lower than corsair . i should go with gskills . but why the ram with more cas latency are of higher price

jnewegger23

Distinguished
It's more likely due to branding, some companies feel they can get away with charging more on rep (perceived value) versus actual value. Gskill is very good most of the time. Corsair just markets better and may feel they have that pull. Yes, you're making the better choice if the gskill has the lower cas and same mhz speed it is the clear winner. Have fun! Glad to help!

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Yes, you pay for the Corsair name, though GSkill overall from the testing I've done has stronger sticks, many Corsair have like zero OC headroom, often have higher CLs and they still put out a lot of low end entry level sticks that require 1.6-1.65 voltage which at 1600 and below should be shied away from