Sign in with
Your question

So im building my first Gaming PC and have no idea what I'm doing.

Last response: in Systems
February 9, 2014 6:35:54 PM

So I reasearched a lot of different variations of pc building from looking at forums. I have come to the conclusion of building this Gaming PC

Case: NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case

Motherboard: MicroATX Motherboard FM2-A75MA-E35

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVOGPU:

HDD: WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GT 610

Optical Drive: Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive

RAM: Kingston Technology HyperX 8 GB

Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt

Disk Drive: WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive

That's what I was thinking about. I want to use this computer for gaming, but want to upgrade hardware later. I was wondering if i can run Minecraft on this computer while running Fraps at the same time and have my FPS be in at least a 60-100 FPS range. I will also hook up dual monitors later down the road.

I would like to receive any and all feedback on this build, and hope to read your opinions.

More about : building gaming idea

a b 4 Gaming
February 9, 2014 6:45:17 PM

Well you have the first step down researching your parts.
For running minecraft and recording it you could do that at around 60 - 100 fps im pretty sure
This build looks solid to me so far, you can always upgrade in the future

Ah also this might help you too
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/the-geek-blog/building-a...
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 9, 2014 6:52:51 PM

that.... is very, very bad. next time you research something, dig deep. real deep. in this case you didn't research on compatibility.

that i5-3570K is not compatible with that motherboard. you will either need a z87 motherboard or an FM2 socket AMD APU, say an A10-6800K.

that video card is honestly just plain bad for gaming, though decent for an HTPC. you're much better off not getting it, stick to integrated graphics for a few months and get a proper graphics card later.

in your case, you may want to get an FX-6300 or maybe even an i3 with a low to mid end graphics card like a 7770 or 650ti. name your budget and we may help.
Related resources
February 9, 2014 6:54:41 PM

I agree it's a pretty solid build, however, there are better GPUs in terms of price/performance and since you'll be running a dual monitor setup i suggest you go for a r7 260x 2gb RAM or a HD 7770 if you're looking for a decent budget GPU.
February 11, 2014 6:36:02 PM

Hazle said:
that.... is very, very bad. next time you research something, dig deep. real deep. in this case you didn't research on compatibility.

that i5-3570K is not compatible with that motherboard. you will either need a z87 motherboard or an FM2 socket AMD APU, say an A10-6800K.

that video card is honestly just plain bad for gaming, though decent for an HTPC. you're much better off not getting it, stick to integrated graphics for a few months and get a proper graphics card later.

in your case, you may want to get an FX-6300 or maybe even an i3 with a low to mid end graphics card like a 7770 or 650ti. name your budget and we may help.

Okay so i switched it up a bit and came up with this.

Case: NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case

Motherboard: ASUS P8B75-M/CSM LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX

CPU: Intel Core i3-3240 Dual-Core Processor 3.4 Ghz

HDD: WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Optical Drive: Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive

RAM: Kingston Technology HyperX 8 GB

Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt

Disk Drive: WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive

As for the price i would like to keep it in the $600 range if i can.
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2014 7:18:58 PM

much better, though unless you're real tight on budget and can't stretch it anymore than that, i'd look for something other than corsair's CX PSUs. a tier 2 should be within your budget. i'm certain the Rosewill Hive 650 costs about the same as the CX600; http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

alternatively, there's going with an AMD FX-6300 build (with an accompanying 990X/990FX board, or much cheaper 970 if you wanna gamble with compatibility). check and see if there's a 7790 for around the same price as that 650ti of yours.
!