Runescape hints and tips (Input needed)

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Hi all!

I just thought I'd start this thread for anyone playing Runescape to come to and get hints and tips about Skilling, money making and general help. I don't have many hints and tips myself as I am only a casual RS player, not a hardcore enthusiast (although I was in my younger years XD), but I can offer a few things which I shall post below this intoduction post.

As far quest tutorials go, I know that pretty much all of these can be found in the RuneWiki, but if you have any hints about the quests not mentioned in the wiki then post it here.

If anyone currently playing RS (I say currently as alot has changed in the last few months, those who haven't played in a few years will probably find this thread very useful) has anything they think is worth mentioning then please go ahead and post it here! I only ask that information be kept to the following format to make browsing the comments easier:

TYPE OF ADVICE (I.E.SKILLING, QUEST, MONEY MAKING/FARMING, GENERAL GAMEPLAY)

TITLE OF ADVICE, SUCH AS: MAKING MONEY HARVESTING FLAX, OR: HOW TO COMPLETE _____ QUEST

SKILL LEVEL(S) AND/OR QUEST/OTHER REQUIREMENTS NEEDED (IF APPLICABLE)

RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT

METHOD:

Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here Method here

If you stick to this standard format it would be greatly appreciated! Multiple topics should be in induvidual posts.

I shall now post one of my own pieces of advice as an example. =)

grebgonebad

Distinguished
MONEY MAKING[b/]

MAKING MONEY HARVESTING FLAX[b/]

REQUIREMENTS:[b/]

None

RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT:[b/]

Nothing. An empty inventory means more flax per run.

METHOD[b/]

The location of the flax is just South of Camelot Castle and just South-East of Seers Village.

Go and pick flax until your inventory is full, and then simply run to the bank in Seers Village and bank it, and run back and pick more flax. Do this until you have lots of flax in your bank.

Flax sells for ~33gp (Accurate as of 10/02/14) and a full inventory sells for ~924gp. So 10 full inventories gives you just under 10k gp.

It may not seem like alot of gp at first, but if you're just starting out as a low level then this can be a valuable source of income, especially seeing as it costs nothing to do so all the money you make selling the flax is pure profit.

It should also be noted that picking flax gives 1 farming xp per flax picked. Again, may not be alot but it all gets you that little bit closer to that level 99 skill cape!

ADDITIONAL HINTS AND TIPS[b/]

If you have a crafting level of 1 you can use the spinning wheel just South-West of Seers Village to craft the flax into bowstrings if you want, granting 15 Crafting xp per one. Bowstrings currently sell for ~383gp (Accurate as of 10/02/14) , meaning you get alot more money than by selling flax alone.