Advice really appreciated. do I SLI or use two separate GPU's for two monitors? (and a few other things, quite new to this)

kieron1

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Hello everyone, thank you in advance if you reply,

I currently have an "Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-2500k Quad Core (3.30GHz @ max 4.60GHz)" as the CPU,

The graphics card is an "Nvidia EVGA GTX 560 TI SUPERCLOCKED"

The motherboard is an "ASUS® P8P67 (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™"

Because of my GPU being Nvidia, this means I'll have to get a different motherboard because the ASUS p8p67 doesnt support SLI ? (its not the pro version I dont think)

I think I will also be upgrading to an i7 4770k CPU for what I want it for.

So heres what Im wanting to do, Im wanting to use two monitors, (one for me and one for my girlfriend) on one desktop, I'll be using the software Softxpand so that both of us can play MMORPG's at the same time on one desktop, I've seen many videos on youtube showing two people playing MMORPG's on high / max settings with fine frame rates even in huge world v world fights (GW2), and their computer wasnt OP in terms of its stats.

Should I buy a new motherboard (and need to buy a new GPU) and SLI them, and run both monitors through the SLI GPU's,

Should I keep the motherboard, buy another nvidia (or any decent around £200 GPU) and somehow run one monitor off one gpu, and one monitor off the other gpu, would that work? would I simply plug one monitor into one gpu through the HDMI and the same for the other, or am I better off using SLI and running them together, the game im wanting to play on high / max settings is ESO (Elder scrolls online)

My current desktop has the following, would you be able to identify any features you think I should upgrade / change?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I look forward to your response

Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-2500k Quad Core (3.30GHz @ max 4.60GHz)
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
Nvidia EVGA GTX 560 TI SUPERCLOCKED
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE (BRAND NEW)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan
Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
STANDARD OVERCLOCK THERMAL PASTE
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

kieron1

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Oh I see thank you very much ninja, so is it as simple as it sounds? Just buy a second GPU, plug it into the hard drive, and just connect it to monitor 2 with a hdmi, and that GPU will know how to do the rest?

Thank you for your response, helps a great deal, would you be able to recommend a GPU I could use to run high / ultra settings for an MMO? Im currently looking at an ' ASUS ROG MATRIX GTX580 Platinum graphics card, and a GeForce GTX 580, (1536 MB)

Do you think the platinum graphics card will run high / max?

Thank you

kieron1

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
Thanks,

What kind of motherboard should I get if i get two GTX 770s? because I dont think the one I have right now can SLI it can only crossfire, and also how do I know when I need more power coming in from the power supply? I think I need to improve the 600w one I have right now anyway to 750?

Thank you