SAPPHIRE R9 280X TOXIC Versus ASUS R9 280X MATRIX

inlandchris

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2014
Both Cards support 5 monitors (Asus=6) but all I need is support for 5 monitors in portrait view.
Problem: Sapphire has the Flex software to support more than 3 monitors and ASUS doesn't.
I want 5 monitors to act as one -- spanned. Asus is a more expensive card and may work better for my Asus Rampage mobo but I am not sure if Asus can do 5 monitors my way. Sapphire has higher video memory speed but both are really fast.
Does anybody have any thoughts?
I can't get answers from ASUS. Support requires you to put a serial number and its impossible if you don't own one yet.
Oh, I don't want to use MST, just one port to one monitor x 5
I was told by Sapphire support that this card will support 5 monitors and that the R9 290 will come out soon that will support more than 3 monitors soon but no date...don't want to wait.
Thanks all in advance,
Craig

Solution
if one 280x can do 5 monitors, they all can (unless heavily modified back panel io), it's just a matter of using the right daisy chaining setup and display port splitter
the matrix is slightly faster

inlandchris

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2014

Thank you, if one can do, all can do it is all I needed to know. My preference is Asus since I have an Asus mobo and I know Asus is good for OC and reliability.
Craig

TRENDING THREADS