660TI Power Edition refuses to work

mtnewton

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
This problem has been bugging me for a while now and after two RMA's the problem is still not resolved. Hopefully i'll get some sort of solution on here. Computer specs first, then I will describe the problem.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK
GPU: MSI 660TI Power Edition 2GB
CPU: Intel i5 3750k
RAM: 4x 4GB G.SKILL Ares Series G.SKILL
PSU: Rosewill Capstone 650W

Computer worked fine for the first three months then drivers started crashing randomly and sometimes recovering. Then one time the video didn't come back up so after doing driver updates and the card still didnt work I RMA'd the card. Got the card back and same problem, no video.

Hoping that I did not get a dead card back from my RMA I did a little more testing. I found out that the BIOS is not recognizing the 660TI card. Inside the BIOS it will sometimes say "Not Present" or "x0" for the slot the card is in, regardless of which slot. The integrated graphics are used because the card is not recognized, which is why I wasn't getting video from before. I tried using a 560 borrowed from a friend and it booted up no problem with video outputting like normal from the card. I was really confused, so I tried the 660TI in my friends computer and to my surprise, it worked, no problems what so ever. The first thing that popped into my head was that I had to be the motherboard. So, I RMA'd the motherboard.

After getting the motherboard back and putting my desktop back together no problems have been solved. The 560 works but the 660TI dosen't.

I'm stumped and am looking for help on this issue. If there is any other information I need to provide please let me know. If there are settings I need to change or drivers I need to update please let me know. I want to finally have a working desktop again.

Thank You
mtnewton

mtnewton

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
Update: Forgot to mention that the led on the 660ti turns on and the fan spins but no video comes out the card, only through the motherboard. Also I tried using a different 6pin power cable from the psu to see if it was that, didn't work.

Another Question: Is 650W enough power for this setup?