Motherboard issue (Computer won't turn on)

AmdFan20

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
Hey ive been having this issue for a month where my computer would randomly turn off when i played a game

I have a gigabyte am3+
amd fx 8350
sapphire radeon HD 7950
and a corsair cx 600

So when i ran the fur stress test the gpu could reach 95C without crashing if my cpu was set a 2.5 ghz

However if it was set a 4.0 ghz my gpu would only reach 51 then turn off
I thought it must've been a power issue so i underclocked my video card, i also resetted my bios by removing the little battery it has

So after that i played a game and it ran smoothly for about 50 minutes then it just turned off and now i doesn't want to turn on.

I got a paperclip and put it on the 24 pin on the PSU to see if my PSU was broken but it works fine
the fans run on my case etc but when i plug it in with my motherboard it turns on for a millisecond then it wont turn on if i press the button

(The only way it turns on by a millisecond is if i remove the cable connected straight to the outlet and connect it again)

Could it be the clock battery or do you think my motherboard is gone for good?

I removed my motherboard and looked around all the capacitors look fine no leaks none of them are bulged up the motherboard still looks brand new and the computer is only 6 months old

95c is burning hot. gpu should have thermal throttled back automatically before getting that hot. pull your gpu card out (unplug the power cable to it of course) and see if computer turns on(if you don't have integrate graphics you wont be able to see anything but if computer stays powered up its most likely a shorted gpu). if so gpu card has failed.

AmdFan20

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
@maxwellmelon

The gpu only got that hot because I ran the fur stress test which uses an OpenGL algorithm to make it get that hot anyhow I just sent the motherboard back to gigabyte the gpu works perfectly fine it was the mothers boards mof power something happened to it :S ill post an update when I get my motherboard back