Critique My Gaming Build: $850 Computer

skepticaldan

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
Hello,

I wanted to get some feedback on my gaming build that I've been working up. My budget is around $850. This build, with current pricing, comes in just a few dollars over that, which is fine. My goal is to be able to play current games (BF4, Skyrim, Civ 5, etc) with mid-high settings and no lag.

Here's the list of parts I chose: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/skepticaldan/saved/3JSP

I'm really just looking for second opinions on this build, if it could be improved, or if its fine as it is for what I want to do with it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

skepticaldan

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014

I actually don't plan on doing any overclocking, at least as of now. (I would definitely get a better cooler if I did) Its something I still need to learn a bit about. <--- noob builder :p Would the stock cooler be ok if I'm not going to OC?

Also, could I ask what specific features the Z75 lacks that the Z77 has? I originally had a Z77 from Gigabyte in there, but switched to this to knock the price down a few bucks. Is it worth the extra money?
Thanks so far.

z77 has tri sli tech and also smart response technology, which doesn't mean anything unless you're trying to use an ssd as a caching mechanism. For the average builder it won't affect you.

skepticaldan

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
Thanks so much for the replies. I think I'll stick with the Z75 board. I'll also change out the one 1 8GB stick for the two 4GB sticks. Other than that I feel pretty confident in this build. Thanks for helping tighten up the bolts