How to hold Newegg ACCOUNTABLE for blatant & obvious shipping mess up, causing major business loss???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2014
I am a computer business owner & placed an order for 10 full pc's to be shipped 3 day guarantee on Monday afternoon at 12:10pm with pmt charged email at 12:14. Updated shipping info on Tues states that the shipping date is exactly TUES at 09:04:45am from the NJ warehouse (going to Toledo OH area), but the delivery date is not until MONDAY, & no holidays in between. How does one actually hold a company like Newegg responsible & to an extent LIABLE for my business loss? This was promised to my customer to be completed by Saturday, & because NEWEGG WILL NOT change the shipping speed in their system that was their fault to begin with I stand to lose money on further business transactions with this client. What do I have to do to get some type of justice or to get them to take me seriously. I never had this problem with Tiger Direct...Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated

Solution
you said 3 day guarantee. did you mean that you paid for 3 day shipping? if this is the case did you contact newegg about this and verify that it was indeed shipped out via 3 day?

if they shipped it out via 3 day then things are really out of their hands and in the hands of the shipper. before getting angry with newegg i would first verify how the item was shipped.

also keep in mind that today and tomorrow the east coast (around pa and surrounding area) is going to have 24 hours of snow. perhaps things are delayed because of that?

i would call newegg up and ask a few questions before getting angry.

g0rd0

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
+1 for the snow, tomorrow's going to be nasty on the east coast

First, I'd slow-down, wait until the item is late before getting too worked up, you've still got a few days to install. Estimates can be arbitrary and from their perspective better you were surprised early then dissapointed late.

After it arrives late, I'd call newegg and calmly explain the situation to them. Ask for a refund on the shipping, they should cut you some sort of break. Then calmly call your client and explain the situation, shipping delays happen all the time, and pass whatever refund newegg gives you on to them. That should soothe any frustrations over a 48 hour delay.

well also keep in mind that if the shipping delay was the fault of the shipping company then they might be liable for it. newegg however should be more than willing to help you out in some manner though.

however... threatening them and saying that they owe you money and are liable for business lost to you on future sales or the like likely will not be received gracefully. such statements like that would bypass customer service and be handled by their legal team and you dont want that as they no doubt have good lawyers too.

i would cool down and stay civil. ask them for details such as if the item was shipped out via 3 day and why there appears to be a delay. if it was a mistake on their part they will likely cut you some sort of deal in some way shape or form (perhaps free shipping) however you cannot expect them to be liable for future business lost.

honestly if it was that important knowing the weather i would have it shipped via next day or two day. delays do happen and promising a date that close to the arrival date is never really a good idea. shipping delays do happen so its best to plan for them ahead of time.

in any case let us know what you find out.

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

Dear shortcircuitelectronics,

We are very sorry to hear about the shipping trouble that you experienced. We would like to have more details about this situation; we'll be happy to look into this and assist you in any way we can. Can you email us your account details to Wecare@newegg.com?

Here is some important shipping information: http://bit.ly/1ajWIL5. This may also help you confirm the situation.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Newegg Support

Solution
NewEgg may have done 3 day shipping but they may not have had the stock in that warehouse ready to ship for several days. In a time critical situation like this you should check when the product will ship and what they will do if the product is late before you submit the order. Perhaps a Computer Distributor would have been a better solution for a time sensitive order. Usually you can talk to a person and get the answers over the phone instead of waiting for emails. One may even have a warehouse near you where you can will call your order. Besides if your a computer reseller isn't NewEgg your competition?

CP200

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
You can't hold any company responsible for a loss you haven't had yet. That's the law in the USA. You'd have to show they harmed your reputation and furthermore caused you to lose business, such as having proof of canceled orders. Because they aren't a contractual business partner, as in you have a written contract guaranteeing SLA's, you have no ground to stand on. They can't be bound to an agreement you chose to make with a customer and you chose to decide where to buy the durable goods being installed. You can try to sue but would fail.

Best option for you -- If unhappy, use someone else next time, have the goods in-hand before you sign a contract to install them, make sure your customer knows there may be delays in shipping, don't set your dates so close and leave buffer. There are a lot of things you can do.

Good luck and don't lose any sleep. If you're good, there will be plenty of business for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.