Native Displayport Monitor (U2412M) detected but stays black (no signal)

compul

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Hi,

I finally got my third DELL U2412M today. I have the HD6850 with two DVI's, one HDMI and one DP.
I have two of the monitors connected to the two DVI ports - which works as it should - and one to the DP using a DP cable.

The cable or it's packaging didn't carry any brand name, but the cable has the DP logo on it so I guess it should be fine.

The third monitor does get detected, and I can set it up as a third extended monitor or as an eyefinity setup with three monitors. The outcome is as expected with the two other monitors (left and right in my case), but the DP monitor (middle) just stays black. When pressing any buttons on the monitor it tells me it is not receiving any signal from the card.

I am kind of at a loss where I should start changing things in my configuration. All I could think of would be a bad cable--but it carries the logo and should thus have been tested.

Any ideas on this?

Thank you a lot!

### EDIT ###

I just tried connecting two of the screens to my laptop (Thinkpad T420) with the same cable (laptop has full DP, not mini), with the same results. Screen gets detected, and I can configure it - the second screen is technically there to the right of the laptop screen, but the monitor stays black.

I suspect a bad cable, and I will try to find another one. I am still open for any suggestions though!

### EDIT ###

Problem resolved! A new cable that carries a branding "certified by DP" did the trick. It worked out of the box.