Roccat Kave 5.1 issue about structual integrity and Kave XTD 5.1 worth

Data Zero

Honorable
Feb 14, 2014
I bought headphones Roccat Kave 5.1. Is it supposed to break easy at the left pad?

Since it left pad became floppy after trying it on,

Also one question, is Kave XTD 5.1 worth the extra cost?

tmacg55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
I have the Kaves and I haven't had an issue with the build of the heaphones yet and had them since march. I'm very delicate with them and usually don't stretch mine out because I'd imagine they are not designed to do that.

Data Zero

Honorable
Feb 14, 2014

I aint that careless of my headphones as well, but i tried it on once and left ear pad is pretty much loose., A part of the frame that connects pad to the headrest is cracked. And i like to repeat myself, i did not strech them for kicks.

Also, edited the OP

tmacg55

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013

Okay, well seems like you might have gotten a bad batch maybe, you may want to consider contacting Roccat and swapping them for a new pair.. you may have to pay for shipping, but if the defect is bothersome then its worth it.
Roccat recently just announced XTD analog which will be good for users who already have exceptional sound cards in their pc. The only reason you would want the XTD digital is if you have mediocre on-board audio that does not pump enough fidelity then it could be useful. The other use for the XTD series is that it will pair with your smartphone, so if you're someone who hates getting interrupted by calls and always have to take off the headset just to answer, then this is another reason to get the XTD. As for me, I'm happy with the original 5.1 Kaves and couldn't care less about the smartphone sync...

TRENDING THREADS