Wireless Network Adapter hardware not found even though I've been using it since 2009?

DerpFergason

Honorable
Feb 14, 2014
Alright, so I've had my Dell XPS laptop since 2009 and I've had wireless connection on it since then. It came with windows vista ultimate and after a while I had to install windows 7. A little while after I did, some programs weren't working so I decided to just go back to my windows vista. Once I did, I went to go connect online and it said that there was no wireless adapter detected. I thought I just needed to find the driver online, but when I go it, I couldn't install it because my computer said that there wasn't any hardware found. I know for a fact that I have the hardware because it's been working since 2009. What do I need to do to fix this?

DerpFergason

Honorable
Feb 14, 2014

No, I didn't know quite what you meant by "right hand", so whenever I hovered over it, there were no yellow signs. Whenever I right clicked it, there were no yellow signs, and when I click on control panel, there were no yellow signs, so I'm assuming that there is no yellow sign

Ralph_Desmond

Reputable
May 10, 2014
I have the same problem with my XPS. Fresh install of vista and now "wireless adapter not found." It was there and working until this. It is enabled in the bios and the switch on the side of the laptop is turned on.

Did you find a solution ? Can anybody please help I need my wifi back please.
Thanks !