Really big and annoying problem...Please help

Seth Coffman

Honorable
Feb 11, 2014
First of all I cant find another post asking this question.
Second of all I know a quick fix.
Third I need a perm fix.

Alright well lets get straight into it. My computer wont show any display and I cant power it down without shutting of my power supply. This was the original problem. I found out if I unplug all my fans but the CPU fan then restart my computer the display will work and I can plug my fans in now. If I restart my computer the fans and display will still work but if I shutdown my computer and try to turn in on later it will cause the same problem.

SPECS-
APU: AMD A10-7850K APU AD785KXBJABOX
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual
Power Supply: Thermaltake Power Supply 240-Pin 600 Power Supply TR-600
MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-F2A88XM-D3H FM2+ AMD A88X (Bolton D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
And my case because I think it might be the problem: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Orange with Window Compact Mid-Tower Computer Case (CC-9011038-WW)

Solution
Hi,

I'm having similar problems but my solution is to wait a little and press the restart button a few times until my peripherals get power (Next to the display my keyboard also doesn't light up )
Our specs have 2 things in common: Mobo and APU. My case is a "Corsair Carbide 200R Closed"... same brand, different case.

My other specs:
Memory: G.Skill RipjawsX F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL (2133Mhz)
PS: Corsair CX500M

I can't say with certainty that I have a fix ready since the problem does not seem to show up when it's powered on a few time. I thought it might be a mobo problem so I flashed a new BIOS yesterday (F6b). I'll test it again later today to make sure the problem is gone, until then, fingers crossed ;)

- Update: After being...
are the fans being plugged into the fan headers on the motherboard or to the psu using molex to fan connectors?

if via fan headers do you have any fan modes set (ie performance, quiet, etcetera) set in the bios?

are you using the stock cpu cooler with the stock fan or something aftermarket with two fans?

i have to admit its a first for me to hear about fans causing an issue with display. this makes me think that the issue really is not the fans but that it might be something else instead.

i have a quick but permanent fix as well. it doesnt fix the problem but it sidesteps it. get a front bay fan controller. not what you wanted but it would likely fix your issue.

otherwise, just get back to us with your specifics.

Venama

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
Hi,

I'm having similar problems but my solution is to wait a little and press the restart button a few times until my peripherals get power (Next to the display my keyboard also doesn't light up )
Our specs have 2 things in common: Mobo and APU. My case is a "Corsair Carbide 200R Closed"... same brand, different case.

My other specs:
Memory: G.Skill RipjawsX F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL (2133Mhz)
PS: Corsair CX500M

I can't say with certainty that I have a fix ready since the problem does not seem to show up when it's powered on a few time. I thought it might be a mobo problem so I flashed a new BIOS yesterday (F6b). I'll test it again later today to make sure the problem is gone, until then, fingers crossed ;)

- Update: After being off for about 16 hours it rebooted directly as it should, no power problems anymore! Just make sure you get the right bios...Gigabyte tends to have confusing, very similar, names for different mobos ;)

Solution