my brand new desktop computer is not working with the monitor all i get is no signall it worked fine on the old computer check

kennyfamily

Honorable
Feb 14, 2014
i have purchaced a brand new desktop and i phoned the company before we turned it on to check if we needed to do anything they said no plug in and go.
well i think it must be working the mouse and keyboard lights are on but the machine runs very quiet it is not comunicating with the monitor it says no video input does anyone know what the solution is so frustrating that i cannot fathom it outplease is it something simple.

menetlaus

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2007
Is the monitor plugged into the wrong port on the computer?

Sometimes there will be several (motherboard and separate GPU) with only one actually displaying anything.

You may need an adapter to switch a DVI to VGA (depending on monitor) or different type of cable (VGA or DVI or displayport or HDMI)

kennyfamily

Honorable
Feb 14, 2014

Grogar123

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
What kind of computer did you get?

What color are the ends of the video cable?

What kind of monitor did you get?

If you answer these questions i will be able to help you. Thank you :)

kennyfamily

Honorable
Feb 14, 2014
i am just coming to the conclusion that maybe times have moved on my screen connects with a blue connection ? vga think i will have to find a dvi cable to solve it thank you my new screen is not due till next week dell 2412m perhaps that connects via dvi ??

kennyfamily

Honorable
Feb 14, 2014