AMD Radeon HD 7950 Vram max Temps?

Szwedu

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
Hello

I've got question about max Vram temperatures on that card. I'm really confused what I call "safe temperature" forums are full of contrary opinions about that.
Max noticed temperatures on my Vrams ~95*C while GPU temp are ~67*c (from what I know)
Is this normal ?

Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7950 (GV-R795WF3-3GD) no OC from my side
Amd catalyst v13.9 Win7 64 sp1

Thanks in advance

Pop a screenshot from your monitoring software into the thread or give us a link to one because AFAIK the 7950s don't have a VRAM temperature sensor, which makes me think you've mistaken VRAM for VRM.
And 95C for the Voltage Regulator Modules is getting warm but not massively excessive for them when under heavy load.

Szwedu

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014

Oh.. I feel dumb now:sarcastic:. http://pl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2m4y3br&s=8#.UwCCu4XarhI
I am at work now so I cant post pics under stress. I've underlined labels I was refering to

AshyCFC

Honorable
That's VRM, not VRM

VRM's are voltage regulation modules on your motherboard and they can get a bit hot if your CPU is OC or under a lot of load

95 is okay though for them, if you want to cool them down you could get a VRM heatsink(if your motherboard doesn't have one) or a CPU fan which blows air across them.

can you post full spec?

Szwedu

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
Thats a relief :) card is constant buzzing when underload and I've thought its because of overheating. Thanks for reply
Specs:
cpu: Intel Core i5 2500k @ OC 3.9 with Thermalright HR-02 Macho Black White
mobo: Asrock p67 pro3
psu: Aerocool Strike-X 500 W
ram: Goodram DDR3 8gb 1333MHz cl9

Easy mistake to make, no worries, mate.
As AshyCFC says 95C under load isn't too bad under load, these parts do run hot, even with good cooling.
It may be possible to lower the temperatures by adding better cooling but it'll involve removing to cooler and 'adapting' some memory heatsinks, which will void the warranty so I'll advise against it.
The buzzing is usually coil whine and is caused by small variations in production that allow some parts to vibrate at a frequency that falls within the range of Human hearing-these parts usually vibrate anyway, it's just you can't hear it. Apart from a warranty replacement there's no cure.
It may also be caused by something loose, an imbalanced fan or something rubbing on one fan, try changing the fan speeds through the drivers and see if the note changes.

Szwedu

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
Thanks for answer and your time. I'll take a closer look for that coil whine "thing" in free time. Have a nice day