Two monitors, two graphics cards: not working

flipstone

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
For a while now I've been using one 1080p display with my AMD 7950. Recently however, I've come into possession of another screen, albeit one with a 1600 by 900 display. I've been trying fruitlessly to get the monitor to work. I've been using the VGA port on my non-used Haswell card's integrated graphics to use the monitor, without success. Windows recognises the monitor in Control Panel, but nothing beyond that. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, and I'm totally clueless. Any ideas?

flipstone

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

I have, to no avail.

flipstone

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013

That's a decent idea, but I'll have to buy an adaptor. The other problem is that the screen is over 10 years old, so I doubt I'll be able to get it to work at all.

Yes, you can get an adapter for just a few dollars. They used to include them in the box with video cards, but I don't think they do anymore. If the monitor is good, it will work. Its not really just a decent idea, that is pretty much the basic and most simplest way to use 2 monitors together.

Amangoel23

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
flipstone,to determine whether your monitor works or not is just by directly plugging it into your motherboard or graphic card and keep the other monitor out.If you can see video output it means it works and just go buy a adapter and there you go,2 monitors ;)