Critique My Gaming PC Build

Balkhan

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
Any ideas on my gaming PC build (changes, recommendations, things I have not thought of, etc.)? I play MMO, RTS, and FPS games. I don't intend to OC at first, but may in the future. The PC will be for mainly for gaming, no video editing, home theatre, etc. Price $2000.00 max.

ASUS Z-87 Pro V Intel LGA1150 Motherboard
Intel i5-4670K 3.4 GHz 6MB Cache Haswell CPU (stock cooler)
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
Samsung EVO 1TB SSD
EVGA GTX770 2GB Video Card
Corsair Carbide 500R Case
Corsair HX-750 750W PSU
Optical Drive
probably Windows 7 OS

Thanks,
Balkhan

animal

Distinguished
The PSU is a good one, but a little oversized if you only plan on running a single GTX 770 (even if you plan to overclock the CPU), a quality 650W PSU would do you fine. However, if you are looking to add a second GPU in the future, then it is a bit undersized as you would probably want at least a quality 850W PSU. Other than that

Balkhan

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
Thanks for the responses. I wanted some feedback to help me come up with a list, so this gives me some info for a revised list, like a lower capacity SSD and smaller PSU. I'm making a revised list on pcpartpicker.

EDIT: getting close to final build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Balkhan/saved/3R46

This is mostly for gaming, I do watch movies occasionally dl'ed from icefilms, and store a lot of pics and game mods for Oblivion, Skyrim, Supreme Commander FA, etc. Also was thinking of future-proofing a little, I don't plan on doing this again for a few years - except maybe a RAM increase.