Most Silent High End PC Possible

How do you find this setup?

• Total voters

Ze-goldfish

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Hi all

I build a new desktop 5 months ago and afterwards have gotten more and more interested in silence. Therefore i have searched for incredibly many ways to lower the noise. I have found a build i would like to do (over the next year) as a hobby.

My build idea:

Case: NZXT H630
with Acoustipack MAX Extra sound dampening sheets to cover all sides not fitted with sound dampening material already and to improve airflow, as i through some reviews have heard, that there should be some air leakage besides the air Furthermore I would like to make some rubber fan silencers with the sheets on to cover up the air in/out takes I don't use while still being able to use them later. I would also remove the metal in the middle of the front and top 120mm fan mounts as that would cause some restriction to the airflow.

PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power PRO 10 850W
I choose this power supply as it should have 10.8 db up till about 90% load which is incredibly low.

Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65
I choose this motherboard as it have great network controller, quad RAM slot, SLI support, Z87 chipset and dual bios if the something should fail. (and quite cheap for what it have)

CPU: I7-4770K
This one i choose because i wanted a high end but still in a decent price range cpu which could be overclocked.

GPU: MSI 770N Lightning
I choose this as i found this to be the ideal gpu for what i intend to use it for 760 is not enough and 780 is overkill for me usage. The Lightning edition is just because it is a great manufacturer overclock and i dont intend to overclock the gpu myself. Though I change the cooler with a GPU block. see water cooling part.

RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 MHz
16 GB is enough for almost all and the 2400 MHz version is not that much more pricy than 1600 MHz only about 20 euro. And i am kind of a speed freak.

SSD: 500 GB Samsung Evo
For silent storage with a good speed/price for an ssd.

Water Cooling:
Pump / Res: Swiftech Mealstrom MCP35X
This res / pump combo should be good quality with low noise (PWM pump) but still have good water flow rate at 1300 RPM.

Fluid: Distilled Water
I don't intend to have some fancy colors and the like. I just want low maintenance WC with good cooling for my parts.

Additive: Kill Coil (Pure Silver)
To decrease maintenance needs.

GPU Block: Aqua Computer GTX 770 Lightning Block
Full Cover Water block which fits on the lightning edition GTX 770.

CPU Block: Swiftech Apogee HD
Good reviews with water flow and cooling capability. And make it possible with parallel cooling as it have 2 additional outports.

Tubes: Neoprene Chemical Tubing
Low water vapor and plasticizer.

Radiators: 2 XSPC RX 360
low fpi for low RPM fans. Though still good cooling.

Radiator gaskets: 4 XSPC 3x120mm radiator gasket
To reduce air leakage and for vibrationdampening

Fans: 6 120mm Noctua NF-F12
Set at about 300 RPM on idle and 1000 RPM at max load for almost complete silence with a fan curve from the motherboard.

Fan filters: 6 120mm Lian Li filters
For lower maintenance but without making too much air restriction.

It is the best possible setup I have been capable of making for a near silent but strong PC with low maintenance. Would like some comments if someone have ideas for making cooling/silence/maintenance better. As this is my only hobby i don't really have a price limit and am accepting to all solutions, that would improve it ^^

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
20 euros is a waste of money on higher speed ram and you only need 8gb so you can save money there. and instead of 6 individual filters try finding 2 3x120mm filters.

FlyingPickles

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
It seems money isn't an issue but ladies panty hose works excellently for fan filters and No matter how big the fan it always fits and black looks good. Trim to fit of course.

Ze-goldfish

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
I choose 16 as i in many occasions have run at 7,7 GB RAM usage so i wanted 16 to be on the safe site ^^

Btw I know faster RAM doesn't affect much, but it is also the because I fancy speed. And could not find any 3x120mm filters anywhere. Could you link one?

The Timings I use for the RAM is
tCL tRCD tRP tRAS tCWL tRRD tWR tRTP tWTR tRFC tFAW tRC tREFI
11 13 13 32 10 7 16 9 9 312 36 54 9400

And I know complete silence isn't possible ;) Meant quiet, I just want the lowest possible decibel on my system as possible

Ze-goldfish

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Ok ^^
Will remember that for the future.

In this build I will use the 2400 MHz kit mainly because I have a few of the items listest above in my current build (one of those being the RAM) and intend on using those in the future.

And you are completely right. When i overclocked my RAM from 1333 CL9 to 2400 CL11 I only gained very few frames. not more than 78 -> 82 fps, but the fun of overclocking was also great :)