Blue Screens, Game Crashes, and Unable to Start Computer in Safe Mode

Mineallday7

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
Recently, my main issues are:

I get Blue Screens (maybe once a week). I downloaded whocrashed and it reported:

"On Mon 2/17/2014 7:27:15 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021614-26114-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002EAE666, 0xFFFFF8800A9CFD60, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 2/17/2014 7:27:15 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: npfs.sys (Npfs+0xC16A)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002EAE666, 0xFFFFF8800A9CFD60, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\npfs.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NPFS Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. "

ADDITIONALLY, Windows tells me this following the blue screens
"Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002EAE666
BCP3: FFFFF8800A9CFD60
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\021614-26114-01.dmp
C:\Users\Brad\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-134114-0.sysdata.xml"

I also have recently been getting Game Crashes i.e. assassins creed 4 and borderlands 2 will black screen and i have to ctrl alt delete and it tells me in a pop up "borderlands 2 has stopped working", I have tried installing different and reinstalling the most up to date graphics drivers and the games and am unable to figure out the issue.

and lastly I'm unable to start my computer in safe mode because it freezes when trying to load classpnp.sys. I've restored my computer and repaired it numerous time and it still will not load safe mode. I'm not sure what else is to be said about this one.

my computer specs are as follows:
Windows 7 64 bit
Motherboard is P8Z77-V
GPU is GEFORCE GTX 770
CPU is i7-3770k LGA1155
RAM is Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (8x2)

I've downloaded Malwarebytes as well as Microsoft Security Essentials recently. I also recently downloaded my most recent GPU driver, and I believe those are the only notable software downloads that I have downloaded in the last couple months

If anyone knows of any possible solutions to these, it would be greatly appreciated. I've spent a good amount of money on this computer and have tried my hand at self researching these issues and how to fix them and am unable to resolve these issues and it has become rather extremely irritating.

PeterLee4200

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
Well, I believe there are problems with your system files or settings. You'll have to scan for corrupt system files and replace them with their original versions. System File Checker can be a very helpful tool for this. Another important thing is your system settings. Incorrect Registry values, incorrectly set-up system settings The best way to deal with system settings is to use a system utilities tool.

1. Press the Windows Key.
2. Type "Command Prompt" in the Search Box.
3. Click the Apps icon.
4. Right click it from the Search Results, click the "Run as administrator" icon.
5. Type the following command:
sfc /scannow
6. Press ENTER.

RJ123

Reputable
Jun 26, 2014

even i kinda had the same problem
i had a gtx 650 ti which requires 400 wats minimum and my psu supported only 450 watts.........the thing would work like yours but crashes with bluescreen etc.... , then i changes my cabinet with a psu which gives 650 watts and things now work smooth as ever
since your gpu needs a minimum of 600 watts and coz u have an i7 i recommend you buy a psu of 700/800 watts of a good company with reputation which is reliable for a long period....

or mayb if this is not the prob
make sure your graphics card is in the pci 3.0 express slot and not the 2.0 one....... make sure u have the latest and correct drivers for u r gpu or else the blue screen could also happen...

since your motherboard is p8z77-v i dont see any problem with any compatibility issues
it must the wattage problem or driver incompatibility