HD Boot Problem

chia4

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
Hey guys im new here so forgive me if i have the wrong section but it falls in a few categories.
pre story- So i was playing a game one day when my computer froze, but the keyboard and mouse lights died, but screen was frozen, pushing the power button was not responding so i resorted to pulling the plug. now when i went to plug it back in and start it back up it would beep 3 times. now i have a ami mobo so the conclusion i came to was "base 64k memory failure" (A memory failure has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad) so i took one ram out at a time switching it in every possible port hoping i could find a bad ram, no luck. so i took out the mobo battery, and the beeping stopped and the computer booted.
main problem but upon turning it on i got a error saying "no operating system found" so i unplugged my 2 hard drives and plugged them back in making sure they were both plugged in, and switching the cords on them, still nothing. so this is what i've done
1. ran diagnostics, and everything is fine.
2. made sure that both HD's were recognized
3. check boot priority, which only 1 HD shows...
4. but under hard disks it shows 3 again
5.Thought the boot might be broken so tried to fix it....
so at this point i gave up and was just gonna re-install windows but still nothing
6. but no hard drives found.
7. so i tried to see if i could load a driver and reformat it.

So clearly I give up and i'm not sure where to go at this point, i know i could go buy some new hard drives, but then im afraid its a memory or motherboard problem.
i'm generally pretty good with computers,but im lost at this point.
any help would be appreciated, sorry for it being long, but i figured the more info the better. thanks

chia4

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
booted from ultimate bootdisk, tried running some tests on HDD's and all the ones i try say no Harddisk found lol. but i decided to run a antivirus offered, and a partition magic opened up, so im actually running off that atm. so obviously the hd's show in linux. im thinking i should erase the harddrives and install windows on them?