Will this PC Setup Work For Gaming?

Alvin PR

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014
Ok so i bought a Lenovo H430 a year ago and now I've decided that I want a Gaming PC. So I'm planning to upgrade some components and I would like to know if they are gonna work fine. I would like to play games at a better resolution than the Xbox One and Ps4. The only components that I'm upgrading are the Graphics Card and the Power Supply. The other components came with the PC.

This is the PC Setup I came up with: (I'm new at this)
Processor:
- Intel Core i5-3330 Quad 3.0 GHz
Graphics:
- ZOOTAC Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 4Gb -
Motherboard:
- Lenovo “Mahobay”
Memory:
- 8Gb RAM DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz
Case:
- Lenovo H430
Power Supply:
- SeaSonic S12G 650W ATX12V -
Hard Drive:
- Seagate Barrucada 2Tb 7200 RPM

Is this enough for a decent Gaming PC? or do I need anything else?
Please Help. Thank You

Solution
Your CPU will not bottleneck a 770.

VRAM is dependent on resolution. If you are gaming at a resolution above 1080 (1920 x 1080), more VRAM is needed. If you are gaming at 1080 or below, you'll only need 2GB.

barto

Expert
Ambassador
It should work. The GPU will fit inside the case. I was looking for the dimensions of the current PSU to make sure that the new one will fit. I can't find them but it should fit. Glad you updated the PSU. Better choice.

Alvin PR

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you answer me 2 more questions?... Will my CPU bottleneck my GPU? and Should I buy a the GeForce GTX 770 2Gb or 4Gb? I'm a little confunsed there..

barto

Expert
Ambassador
Your CPU will not bottleneck a 770.

VRAM is dependent on resolution. If you are gaming at a resolution above 1080 (1920 x 1080), more VRAM is needed. If you are gaming at 1080 or below, you'll only need 2GB.

Solution