Dell xps 420
Bios: Phoenix Ron bios plus version 1.10 a06
Processor: intel (r) core (Tm) 2 quad CPU q8200 @ 2.33ghz (4cpus) 2.3 ghz
Memory: 3326 mb ram
Page file: 1268 used 5609mb available
DirectX 10
Windows 32 bit
ATI Radeon 3870

I recently bought some games such as witcher 2 etc. I cant even turn the character around without abysmal lag. I was looking for a new graphics card & any other upgrades to the computer that I can make as well as the graphics card to make it run and play games on semi decent graphics.
It wouldn't matter about the budget as I would just like to know what upgrades I can make.

*I'm not really clued up, A lot of computer stuff goes straight over my head. Thought I would come to some guys with some experience.*

Thanks

Liam

It's probably the video card. Although that is an older CPU it should still play newer games even if you have to run some on lower settings.

That system has a pretty good power supply, and you can probably at some point upgrade the CPU to a faster Q9xxx series.

The Radeon R7 260X is in the lower midrange class and is safe for your system without a power supply upgrade, as well as being fast enough to handle a CPU upgrade if you want to look into that.

Liam Yule

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hi Thanks for the reply. Its greatly greatly appreciated.

I was also pointed towards this? ASUS GTX650-E-2GD5 GeForce GTX 650 2GB 128-bit GDDR5

Out of curiosity could you point me towards the CPU upgrade with a link? Like I said Im useless.
But I would easily look into this as im willing to upgrade it the best I can!

The 260x is quite a bit faster than the 650, but the 650 is not a bad card if it's a lot cheaper.

For a CPU upgrade, look at your motherboard and post the model #. THe Q9450 may be the top CPU for it. http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/dell-0tp406-specs/