Best AMD CPU <$150

JacobStar910

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Hello everyone! So I've been looking for an AMD cpu for $150 or below. I have an AM3+ socket, and I was currently looking at the 8320 with my 7870.
I plan to play cpu intense games such as ArmA 2, I heard the fx-6300 runs bad on it and 8320 runs just decent. Is there a cpu that you guys recommend? Leave a suggestion down below!

Solution
The 8320 is the best available at that price - if you have some wiggle room, it would be worth it to step up to the 8350 in terms of stock and overclocking performance. Make sure you get a good aftermarket cooler because that chipset runs hot and the stock coolers suck. The Hyper 212 will do fine or you could go water if you want to never have to stare at your temp gauge. I know it's not an insignificant investment, but you'll be so much happier with the overall performance. I have an 8150 with a H100 and it's a machine...

game junky

Distinguished
The 8320 is the best available at that price - if you have some wiggle room, it would be worth it to step up to the 8350 in terms of stock and overclocking performance. Make sure you get a good aftermarket cooler because that chipset runs hot and the stock coolers suck. The Hyper 212 will do fine or you could go water if you want to never have to stare at your temp gauge. I know it's not an insignificant investment, but you'll be so much happier with the overall performance. I have an 8150 with a H100 and it's a machine...

Solution