Eyefinity Setup (Connections, FPS, Monitor)

Want2Build

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/want2build/saved/3IIG
Current build i've been saving up for.
Just got a raise with my job and pretty sure it will only take a few months to save up!

Anyways, My question here is If I run one Monitor via HDMI to the 780ti. Then use a classic DVI cable that comes with the monitor for the second monitor. Then I was thinking running another DVI cable from the third monitor but having it with this adapter http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815129011

So basically
1st Monitor HDMI CABLE > 780ti (DIRECTLY FROM MONITOR TO 780 VIA HDMI)
2nd Monitor DVI CABLE > 780ti (DIRECTLY FROM MONITOR TO 780 VIA DVI)
3rd Monitor DVI CABLE > DVI TO DISPLAY PORT ADAPTER > (M) DISPLAY PORT TO 780)

Is this correct?

Will this work just fine if i'm planning on using Eyefinity on some games? I play tons of titles and have been gaming for years.
I'm aware some titles do not have Eyefinity compatibility but I'm still interested in it for the titles it is available for.

I will not always be running Eyefinity sometimes i will just have lots of windows open.

Last important question
What kind of fps should i expect with this kind of setup? I linked my build so i could get a general idea.
I'll be playing games like:
Metro
WoW
Skyrim (Heavy Modded)
CoD
Battle Field
Counter Strike
PlanetSide
Guild Wars 2
DIRT
Plenty of other titles i haven't listed.
I will be OC'ing the 8350 eventually. :) (though probably not immediately

Also, Anyone got any input on this monitor? It will be going on a three way stand from amazon. Should look nice when its done i think. :)

Solution

The FX-8000 series microprocessors are terrific for budget...

Correct, but that requirement does not apply to the R9-290/R9-290X.

I'm not certain what constraints NVidia has on it though.

Want2Build

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Pinhedd,

Thanks, I was assuming it would work since it specifically says on the adapter "Eyefinity/Surround Compatible"

Also, I thought about going with any i7 But im sort of a newbie in the tech world and heard AMD is a lot easier to get used to/Start up with.

Is this true?

Also, I know Stock speeds for an AMD can sometimes be better then Intel but I also know all games don't utilize all 8 cores of the processor so its not necessarily better then the Intel. Correct?

If I ran the i7 at stock speeds for a while, would it be on par with the 8350 at stock speeds? I don't think it would but correct me if i'm wrong, As i said i'm new. :)

Just looking to learn!

The FX-8000 series microprocessors are terrific for budget machines, but if you can spare the cash the 6 core Intel microprocessors are the best out there bar none.

If you need any more validation, just look at the market price. The nearly two and a half year old 3930k is still $600 and still kicks ass in benchmarks. The newer 4930k performs a tad bit better and runs a bit cooler. Compare this to AMD's FX-9590 which debuted at $1000 and quickly dropped to around $300 in a matter of weeks.

Even when applications are designed to exploit 8 cores concurrently, Intel's microprocessors still dominate thanks to the fact that their cores are no less than twice as powerful. This means that clock-for-clock, a 6 core Intel i7 microprocessor is approximately equivalent to a 12 core AMD microprocessor.

Solution

Want2Build

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Okay I think I understand what your saying.

Just looked at the i7 Price and my jaw dropped.
For now I think ill stick with the 8350.

Thanks a lot, I think you answered all my questions! :)