AMD 7959 vs. 7950 Boost for GPU Mining?

YankeeSteef

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
Just sold my old MSI 7950 Boost GPU on Amazon, I don't care about cryptocurrencies,and I just want to game so I struck while the prices were high sold my 7950 and used the money to buy an Nvidia 780. Im curious about this message I got from the buyer today though, wanted to see if was being scammed:

Product Name: MSI AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 DVI/HDMI/2xMini DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card R7950 TWIN FROZR 3GD5/OC
SKU: TJ-LWIG-WILF
Quantity: 1
Quantity with Problem: 1
Gift Wrapped: No
Item Price: $430.00
My Additional comments are as follows :
"I've paid $436.49 for MSI Twin Frozr 7959 OC Edition. Instead, I've received a Boost Edition (BE) which in inferior than the original. Boost editions are worth about $80 less than the OC versions. I would like a credit of $80 for keeping this incorrect version than what I ordered."

I had thought that Boost editions are the superior graphics cards, no? I had assumed this was the case, even considering coin mining, as these cards are voltage unlocked and can be undervolted. I am almost positive that I listed my item correctly, but there is always a small chance I did not. My question is, assuming that I did screw up and incorrectly list this GPU, is this buyer anywhere near being correct that the difference in the worth of these boards would be $80.00???

I have done the right thing and offered them a refund with me paying shipping if it is in fact a mistake on my behalf, but they seem more inclined to want money out of me. What do you guys think I should do? There aren't many places out there to good a good judgement on the going rate on used cards and I don't know much about mining so any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/#?fp=Radeon HD 7000 Series&sk=Radeon HD 7950

The two boost edition cards at the top, if yours was one of those, are slower than the twin frozr editions at the bottom and in all fairness, if your card is one of the ones at the top, a difference of 800mhz to 880mhz, that's a 10% difference in performance they didn't get, assuming your card is the first, and the one you listed is actually the bottom last one.