AMD Radeon HD Drivers problem?

Will Tooley

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
HI,
I have just bought and installed a new 1920x1080 monitor and a AMD Radeon HD 7750 1gb DDR5 graphics card. I booted my PC up, without installing any AMD drivers and everything was perfect. (Image fitting my monitor perfectly etc) However, once installing the drivers and re-booting my PC, the image on my monitor shrunk and there is now black edges around the image, where the image used to be. The image is no longer fully fitting the screen and the resolution has not changed.

How can I fix?
My PC Specs:
Intel Core i3 550
6gb DDR3 Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
1tb Hard Drive

Thanks for any help in advance.

Solution
Unfortunately, AMD Drivers can be a bit difficult to work with at first. No matter though, this is an easy fix and it has to do with overscanning! When in AMD's Catalyst Control Center panel, search for "Overscan" (or something similar to the effect). You can then adjust the slider to fix your issue.

It has been a few months since I got rid of my AMD GPU, so some of the above directions may be incorrect, but should be close enough for the most part. Try it out and let me know how it goes!

Tierney11290

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
Unfortunately, AMD Drivers can be a bit difficult to work with at first. No matter though, this is an easy fix and it has to do with overscanning! When in AMD's Catalyst Control Center panel, search for "Overscan" (or something similar to the effect). You can then adjust the slider to fix your issue.

It has been a few months since I got rid of my AMD GPU, so some of the above directions may be incorrect, but should be close enough for the most part. Try it out and let me know how it goes!

Solution

Will Tooley

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014

How can I locate the AMD Catalyst Contol Panel? The only program I have as a shortcut to open is the 'Asus GPU Tweak' Program. There is something called the 'AMD Catalyst Control Panel Install manager when I go to: Control Panel > Programs...

Thanks

joho5

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013

bottom right corner of the menu bar? Click on that upward pointing arrow...there should be a small catalyst icon in there...right click on that and choose open catalyst.

Will Tooley

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014

Silly me! Haha, thank you both. Worked a treat. Now to try out some games on this thing. Thanks again.