Will this PC Setup Work For Gaming? (Ultra Settings)

Alvin PR

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014
Ok so i bought a Lenovo H430 a year ago and now I've decided that I want a Gaming PC. So I'm planning to upgrade some components and I would like to know if they are gonna work fine. I would like to play games at a better resolution than the Xbox One and Ps4. The components that I'm upgrading are the Processor, the Graphics Card and the Power Supply. The other components came with the PC.

This is the PC Setup I came up with:
Processor:
- Intel Core i7-3770k Quad-Core 3.4Ghz (3.9Ghz Turbo) -
Graphics:
- EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4Gb Classified -
Motherboard:
- Lenovo “Mahobay”
Memory:
- 8Gb RAM DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz
Case:
- Lenovo H430
Power Supply:
- SeaSonic S12G 750W ATX12V/EPS12V -
Hard Drive:
- Seagate Barrucada 2Tb 7200 RPM
OS
- Windows 8

Im new at this so I would like some advice from you guys. Is this to much? What do you recommend?

Solution
MSI Z87-G45 or MSI Z87-G43 is a very good motherboard, likewise you can get any Z87 board (best brands are: ASUS, ASRock, MSI, and Gigabyte aren't bad). Agree with Cons about the unlocked processor, although I suggest an i5 4670k as the gaming performance is the same (2fps difference) and it's much cheaper. Although get the i7 if you're into editing on AfterEffects etc

P.S Agree with Cons again about the SSD, install your games on there and the load times will improve (not fps though)
Cooler you can get the NZXT Kraken, although it's quite expensive.

Alvin PR

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014

Thanks for the advice.. also my current board won't work? and what CPU and Cooler would you recommend?

kamilstoch

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014
MSI Z87-G45 or MSI Z87-G43 is a very good motherboard, likewise you can get any Z87 board (best brands are: ASUS, ASRock, MSI, and Gigabyte aren't bad). Agree with Cons about the unlocked processor, although I suggest an i5 4670k as the gaming performance is the same (2fps difference) and it's much cheaper. Although get the i7 if you're into editing on AfterEffects etc

P.S Agree with Cons again about the SSD, install your games on there and the load times will improve (not fps though)
Cooler you can get the NZXT Kraken, although it's quite expensive.

Solution