Solved

Help me upgrade my Inspiron 545 into a gaming pc

Hello, I am plannin on trying to upgrade my PC into a gaming PC. I have no experience with this so any help is appreciated.

My PC is a Inspiron 545 (if that helps) which runs on windows vista. I don't know if It's even possible or worth doing but i want to be able to run games on it. Nothing too serious on mac settings but is like to run things quite smoothly.

I have looked inside my PC to see its parts and I wondered if you could help me try and upgrade it. It has a 300w psu so I'm guessing I'm going t need to upgrade that and I'm planning on getting a gpu as well. I wondered if it would be necessary to get any other parts?

I'm also unsure of what kind of gpu's would be compatible. I'm not too sure what kind of slot it is. These are some links to some pictures of the inside of my PC.

http://www.4gp.tw/e029/1392940334284.jpg

I'm guessing the black slot is the one for the gpu and the white ones are for ram??

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks - jake
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade inspiron 545 gaming
  1. Possible? Probably. Whether it's worth - probably not.
    You're not mentioning the specs of your PC, but it runs Vista, meaning it's couple of years old. Depending on the games you want to play, you are looking for upgrade which will leave only our case, hard drive, and DVD drive.
  2. Alabalcho said:
    Possible? Probably. Whether it's worth - probably not.
    You're not mentioning the specs of your PC, but it runs Vista, meaning it's couple of years old. Depending on the games you want to play, you are looking for upgrade which will leave only our case, hard drive, and DVD drive.

So are you saying it would be cheaper just to buy a whole new of setup from scratch?
  3. Best answer
    That or buy a CPU/RAM/Motherboard combo, a new power supply (if needed) and a new GPU..
    With the new 750Ti's, you may not need a new power supply for your PC, as it is super low power usage and just needs a PCI slot to power the card. I've seen them used with 250w PSU builds! (But i'd say to have at least 300w, to be safe)
    You'd be looking at £300 (or equivalent pricings, give or take) to upgrade to an i3,8Gb RAM, New Mobo and a 750Ti.. But you'd end up with a PC that'd normally cost about £500 to buy in a shop!
  4. Impatienc3 said:
    That or buy a CPU/RAM/Motherboard combo, a new power supply (if needed) and a new GPU..
    With the new 750Ti's, you may not need a new power supply for your PC, as it is super low power usage and just needs a PCI slot to power the card. I've seen them used with 250w PSU builds! (But i'd say to have at least 300w, to be safe)
    You'd be looking at £300 (or equivalent pricings, give or take) to upgrade to an i3,8Gb RAM, New Mobo and a 750Ti.. But you'd end up with a PC that'd normally cost about £500 to buy in a shop!

Thanks a lot dude! Do you have any motherboards you could recommend?
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Inspiron