Gaming Rig Motherboard

aweso_meme

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
Hello all,
First time posting here because I need some advice on what motherboard to buy. I have seen many motherboards showcased on the site for a gaming rig but I can not figure out which one I need. This is my first time building a rig, and I have picked out the processor to be the i7-4770k, which I will most likely not overclock. I will be using 16GB of RAM (most likely 4x 4GB sticks) because I will also use this computer for 3d CAD and photo/video editing. I have looked at the MSI Z87-GD65 motherboard and it looks good, but I also have looked through ASRock and ASUS and Gigabyte motherboards too. Which one do you guys think I should get? I will be in need of 5 USB ports, and 2 audio ports (one for headphones, the other for my microphone), with input as both HDMI and DVI. I have a budget of around 150-200, but I can add money up to about 350 if I need to. This rig will last a while, and any input is welcome.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

NOTE: If any additional information about my rig is requested, I will post that information inside this main thread, as well as below the comment. All items are subject to change (amount of RAM, CPU, etc.) if it is better than what I currently have, and within my budget.

I have the MSI Z87-G43 which is a very good MB and the GD65 is at least 2 steps up the ladder from mine. I have been very pleased with the performance of my MB and its ease of OC'ing. I have also been very impressed with MSI's service and Tech Support. I would highly recommend the Z87-GD 65!

Yogi

Yogi