PC Build is Ready. Please Give it a Look if You Have Time

rjharbison

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2Y290

Doesn't need to be top of the line but I want this to last a while. The items marked purchased (video card and power supply) I already own and are in my current rig. I also already own my own monitor, speakers, kb/m, and a headset.

I just want someone to please look over the parts for compatibility and let me know if anything will be extremely bottlenecked. It is my plan to upgrade the Radeon 6870 I own now to something meatier about a year or two down the line.

It might also be worth mentioning that my house can get quite dusty pretty quickly, even with changing air filters. I clean my PC out about once every 6 or so months. Any help is much appreciated guys!

The only bottleneck will be your gpu with this rig which as you say are going to upgrade.
You might consider getting a Z87 chipset mobo
MSI Z87 G43 will be a good choice
As far gaming is concerned you wont feel much difference btw i7 4770k and i5 4670k.The only diff btw i7 and i5 is that i7 has Hyperthreading Technology which is not at all beneficial in games
Even if the game is optimized to use multiple threads you will observe 1-2% performance increase.
CONCLUSION→Save some money and invest on a good mobo and gpu and get i5 4670k instead of i7 4770k if you are a GAMER